new 10.9.2 bug? 2013 MBA 13 completely mute after waking from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by copa, Feb 27, 2014.

1. copa macrumors member

copa

Title basically says everything.
    My MBA is completely silent after waking up from sleep. It's not set to mute and everything I can see (settings etc.) tell me that sound SHOULD be working, but it isn't.

After fixing the audio-related kernel_task issue with 10.9.2 this seems sort of backwards :p

2. Crimsoncrusade macrumors newbie

Were you running Shockwave/Flash content???

3. copa thread starter macrumors member

copa

4. Crimsoncrusade macrumors newbie

Try to recreate the issue . I know for a fact that if it sleeps during say a youtube video .. nothing but a restart will bring back the sound. Havent seen it after the 10.9.2 update. Couldnt recreate it.

5. travellingdawg macrumors newbie

Not just 10.9.2

This just happened to me, too, but I'm running 10.9.1 on the summer 2013 Macbook Air. Went to play a Youtube video, but no sound, even though it's activated. Tried several different videos - nothing.

I tried this in both Chrome and Safari - both play the video beautifully, but no sound.

I tried playing a song in iTunes 11.1.4 (62), but no sound. The Console had this error:

Mar 1 11:55:17 Diana.local usernoted[226]: Connection does not have the proper entitlement (com.apple.developer.notificationcenter-identifiers) to connect on behalf of com.apple.appstore. All communication will be denied.
    Mar 1 11:55:17 Diana.local usernoted[226]: Connection does not have the proper entitlement (com.apple.private.notificationcenter-system) to connect to the system notification center. All communication will be denied. center com.apple.storeagent
    Mar 1 11:55:21 Diana.local iTunes[2515]: Possible unresolved transaction race -104/(iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Grace Potter & The Nocturnals/Devil's Train,(null))
    Mar 1 11:55:24 Diana.local iTunes[2515]: ApplePushService: APSConnection being used without a delegate queue

6. Crimsoncrusade macrumors newbie

this one was resolved in 10.9.2

7. travellingdawg macrumors newbie

Thanks! I just updated my OS to 10.9.2.