new 12.9 IPP...safari is blurry when I scroll, is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JMB1911, Dec 20, 2016.

1. JMB1911 macrumors regular

On my phone (IP7) I can scroll through safari and read quickly as it scrolls.

Just got the IPP 12.9 and when I scroll it is fuzzy looking and I can't read it until I slow way down almost to a stop with scrolling.

Is this normal?

If it is its going back tomorrow, that would be disappointing.

2. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Not normal at all. I have to slow down my scrolling to read, but it isn't fuzzy. Perhaps others will chime in.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

No problems here. Just picked up a 12.9 today myself and I don't have that issue. Words are a little less clear when scrolling but it's not something I noticed until I saw your post.

Update: Just tested it on my iPhone 7 plus and the scroll looks the same as it does on my 12.9. I'd exchange your ipp.

4. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

Try rebooting. This has happened to me on a couple of occasions over the past year, and a simple reboot fixed it.

5. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

If the Night Shift is on then yes, it's normal to see more blurring when scrolling. Night Shift makes the red subpixels more prominent and they have the highest remanence.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If scrolled quickly both of the 12.9 units I have used will "smear" the text. Not really an issue for me as the second you stop scrolling all is perfect.