New 12'' iBook Screen Problem

Doe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I got my sister a new iBook 12'' and I am setting it up right now. I think the screen has a problem with it. Where ever the screen is silver it gets green streaks that are about one pixel thick each. This doesn't happen on my 12'' PB. I dont think they are stuck pixels because when I move the window it only happens where there is silver. Maybe its the contrast setup. Any suggestions?

AcousticDoc

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2005
Doe said:
I got my sister a new iBook 12'' and I am setting it up right now. I think the screen has a problem with it. Where ever the screen is silver it gets green streaks that are about one pixel thick each. This doesn't happen on my 12'' PB. I dont think they are stuck pixels because when I move the window it only happens where there is silver. Maybe its the contrast setup. Any suggestions?
you got some bad pixels. Send it back.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Doesn't sound right at all. Can you take it to a local Apple store? They should be able to swap it out for you on the spot if you are within the return/exchange period.

Doe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
amin said:
Doesn't sound right at all. Can you take it to a local Apple store? They should be able to swap it out for you on the spot if you are within the return/exchange period.
I got it yesterday. Do I have to drive back to the Apple store or can I just send it in? I had to drive from Madison, WI to Milwaukee, WI to get it (1.5 hours each way), so I don't want to make the trip again. Who would want to spend another 30-35 dollars more on gas.

Doe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I talked to Apple care early this morning, they said all they could do is have me send it in and have them repair it or I could go back to the Apple store. He gave me some line that they aren't the same entity. I drove back to the Apple store and got a new iBook. I made sure I booted the new one up in the store this time. No dead or stuck pixels. :) I talked to the manager and he refunded me the gas money it cost me to drive there today too. :)