New 13 inch MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by is300guy, Oct 26, 2009.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

I'm going to be getting a base model new 13 inch MacBook Pro for around $980 and I need some feedback from you guys. Do you think that its a good deal to do this? Or should I hold out until there is a used 2009 MacBook Pro down the months? Please let me know because I am planning to make the transaction tomorrow. Thx in advance!!!!

2. waynechriss macrumors regular

macbook pro 13 at 980? Tell me where so i can get one xp

3. kolax macrumors G3

Sounds a good deal. Are you a student by any chance?

4. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, it was just pure luck I guess...

Really, a good deal you say? That's cool then. Yes, I am a student. The Base Macbook Pro is priced at $1199 plus tax. Student discount is $100 off retail. I'm basically getting the MacBook Pro for $980 WITH tax included in my discreet purchase. So I'm saving myself $200-250 total on a new MacBook Pro. I could just get the MacBook, and just call it a day, but I can't really stand the appearance of the White MacBook. No offense for the guys who has this:cool:. I just like the appearance of the "Pro" vs the MacBook, and yes, I know that it is strictly just cosmetics for the MacBook Pro, but there are a few other highlights about it that I like. Thanks for the feed back fellas, much appreciated.

5. kolax macrumors G3

Bare in mind if you are a student, you can get 3-years AppleCare for next to nothing (~$80) when you buy a new Mac from Apple.

6. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

Where did you get the price of $980 including tax?

The Apple Educational Price is $1099, the refurb on the on the previous MacBook version is $899, the refurb on the MBP 13 is $999, but there is no extra discounts for students on top of that.

7. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

That does raise an very interesting point....I never thought about getting Applecare.....

Like I said, I have a student discount PLUS my discreet discount as well.