New 13" Macbook Air Battery issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by celi8071, Jul 28, 2011.

1. celi8071 macrumors newbie

Just got my new 13" Macbook Air base model. Love it, however the battery states it is on its 11th cycle and at 97 percent health. A brand new computer should not have a battery that is on its 11th cycle. Does this sound familiar? Should I return for another one?

Thanks

2. PaulWog Suspended

You could've had a quality-control unit from a lot. That would simply mean that before it was packaged, it was tested a bit in factory (not like a user taking it home, but running a piece of quality control software). That's simply a guess though; I haven't a clue if Apple actually does quality control on fully assembled computers.

If you feel weird about it, bring it back with all the packaging and whatnot and make a return.

3. infobhan macrumors member

No - think about it. Is this even an issue? What if you return it and get one with a real issue? It's not worth it. Maybe it was tested - who cares. If it works, it's fine. One month and you'll have a lot more cycles.

4. ECUpirate44, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The percentage is normal behavior. That number will fluctuate often and should be taken with a grain of salt. GGJYstudios will post the notebook battery FAQ any min now. I would do it myself, but I'm on the iPad :)

As far as the cycle count, that's a bit wonky.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

It sounds like the OP might have gotten an open box unit. If so, he should have gotten an open box price. A new Mac should have 1 battery cycle, not 11, so I'd have no qualms asking about it at the store. I wouldn't necessarily return it, but I'd want to know for sure if that's what happened.

6. dawnrazor macrumors regular

dawnrazor

Cycle count of 0 for my 1.8 13" that I got yesterday - 99% health - mate this isn't an issue. You just got a quality control model from the assembly line - which means it's a keeper... Total non issue

7. Ach111es macrumors regular

Gratz on getting a control model, it's in absolutely perfect condition! My battery healthy was 97% after I did one full drain charge cycle just to calibrate it. I don't even bother checking coconut battery after I reinstalled lion. I will a few days before the 14 day "trial"