New 13" MacBook Pro (2.8 i7) Yellow Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Billy., Dec 8, 2011.

1. Billy. macrumors newbie

Hello all, first post. Always enjoyed browsing, but there comes a time when you need to join and get involved...!

I bought a new MacBook Pro, 13" 2.8 i7 (Late 2011) to update my Mid 2009 MBP. I got it all up and running and thought all was good.

I started the migration process and deliberately sat both MacBooks next to each other and then it really became obvious that there was an issue... The new one has a horrible yellow tint to the screen :( it's as if it's on 50 a day.

I checked and double checked the screen settings. I matched the settings against my old MBP and it made no difference. I then moved the settings profile over and it still stayed yellow.

The other thing is that the pixels really don't look as sharp as they should be. The dock icons seem faded (because of the yellowing).

Here's a photo for comparison. What do you think? Will Apple swap it? :confused:

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

You just need a display profile that will change the color temperature to that of the 2009....

3. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Lol, this board isn't doing wonders to stop the stereotype of Mac users being ... Well ... you know what I mean.

Swap a computer for color temperature? Lol that's a new one.

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

???

The OP needs to change his color profile? That's what was recommended.

5. Billy. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been through, again and again now, the advanced calibration settings.

The yellow just will not shift. I can get the bars and shadows to have a glow of every colour of the rainbow, but any white bit of the screen still has a nicotine yellow mark to it.

I'll pop to the store tomorrow and get it replaced, unless anyone has a miracle cure :confused:

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

just get it replaced. Might be a broken screen. If it's not, at least you can ask them to help you adjusting your settings.

7. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

download flux. it changes the color temp on your screen to ease on the eyes. they have the daylight setting to 6500k and the lower you go the yellower the screen gets. you can try that just to see what the calibration of that app does.
    http://stereopsis.com/flux/