New 13" Macbook Pro keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by c1phers, Mar 9, 2015.

1. c1phers macrumors regular

Does the new 13" Macbook Pro not get the new keyboard? Only the new trackpad? I don't even know if it really makes a difference, but I can't seem to read anywhere for sure if it gets the new keyboard or not.

2. nirvanemesis macrumors member

No new keyboard, that would warrant a redesign.

3. Grassgreen macrumors regular

do you think the new keyboard should be a deal breaker?
    Im deciding on a new mac and its between the update mbpr and the macbook.

The two main drawing points for the new macbook for me is the keyboard and the fanless design. Does the mbpr make that much noise that its consider a nuisance?

4. c1phers thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think the keyboard is a deal breaker.

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

6. nirvanemesis macrumors member

The fans in MBPs are usually silent (usually running at around 2000 RPM) and don't kick in to high gear until it gets really hot. I'm surprised that the keyboard would be a drawing point, but it could be a deal breaker in your opinion. I prefer thicker keys for better feedback though.

7. erftbll81 macrumors member

Damn, I just got a new mid 2014 rMBP 13" less than 2 weeks ago. Is the track pad the only difference?

8. radioking macrumors regular

No, slightly faster processor, considerably better graphics, bigger battery with 10 hours instead of 9. I would return it if possible.

9. LV-16 macrumors member

You should easily be able to exchange it. If you bought it from Apple they'll give you the new one without a doubt.

10. jmazzamj macrumors regular

If you are considering the new MacBook, it means you would be OK with its performance. You are also wondering if the rMBP fan is noisy, right?
    Let me tell you the following: If you are OK with an Intel Core M performance, you will probably never hear the fan in the rMBP. I would be OK with a 13" Air and I've never heard my rMBP fan.

I think you should be wondering: Do I really need the extra portability the new MacBook offers?

I really think that the new MacBook is really aimed to people who need extra portability and don't need the power. I see it more like a super iPad running OS X, which hopefully we will eventually get.

11. Grassgreen macrumors regular

Well, I was hoping that the new macbook would be good for watching hd videos and that, but maybe its a stretch. One thing Im concerned about is eye strain due to the retina display. Some have reported on apple forums that they´ve gotten problems or conditions have worsed after using the retina display. Maybe the macbook air with lower res. would be a better choice ?

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Except that the new MacBook is not an iPad, doesn't have touch, and has a keyboard and trackpad.