New 13 MacBook Pro with Yellow Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by okrelayer, Oct 24, 2011.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I am coming from the first unibody 15 MacBook Pro. Today I purchased the new 13inch MacBook Pro, and while i don't expect it to be AS vivid as that beauty, I'm looking at my new 13 pro and the screen has a yellow tint. Its annoying me, looking at my 15 inch pro next to me it looks horrible! What should I do? Return and hope for the best on an another swap. Or is all the 13 inch pros like this? Thanks

2. peanuthead macrumors member

My wife's 2011 13 inch MBP screen is much "warmer" compared to my 15 inch MBP and seems to lack vibrance. However, when compared to a calibrated IPS panel monitor used for photo editing, the warmer 13 inch screen is in fact much more accurate than the 15 inch...

3. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh interesting. I did notice strangely that colors on websites (not white) seem to pop more. But my 2008 mbp appears to be brighter, and have more "true whites"

4. Kafka macrumors 6502

The yellow tint will disappear after a while.
    This happened to me twice. After 6 months of use, one of my 2 MBPs 13" is actually rather cold/bluish, and on the other one which was really horribly yellow things are already getting much better after 3 weeks.

5. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

That's a good news. Thanks for the information :)

6. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I'm freaking out, It doesn't look BAD, but when i compare it with my previous MBP it looks so different. I'm wondering if i should play the lottery and try to swap it for a new one with a less warm/yellow color