New 13 MBA base model, if I install Windows what wont work or will trouble me?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wannabelean, Aug 9, 2013.

1. wannabelean, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

wannabelean macrumors 6502

Also, I have retail versions of win 7 64 and win 8 64. The Win 8 copy hasn't been used and is new. Which one works better with the new MBA? Been using the new MBA for a month now. Like it for everything but absolutely going nuts when using MS word and excel. I'm just not able to get the hang of it or get used to it.

2. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

I have bootcamp on my MAcbook Air. For at least half a year I was 95% of the time in the Windows partition. Now, I've finally converted to 95% Mac OS X.

There are little things that still bug me. Like scrolling up and down is totally opposite in OSX. And using the Command and Alt keys for the keyboard shortcuts rather than the Control key.

So for typing, I'm still not used to OS X since I'm a hard core keyboard shortcut user.

Aside from that, I don't know what won't work. Because everything pretty much works.

I also have a Windows 8 Asus laptop. I hate Windows 8 and having to reach up on a vertical screen. Touch is great on a tablet, but not for a screen that's facing you.

3. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

Are you using the Mac version of Office? I had both the Mac and Windows version of Office and no matter what I did the formatting was different between the two and got so fed up that I got rid of the Mac version and starting using the iWork equivalents.

Go to Preferences > Mouse, and under Point & Click uncheck Scroll direction: natural. That should fix that issue.

That is a big thing that bugs me too and is one of the first things I do when I get a new Mac.

4. wannabelean thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes using the mac version. I have a office 365 subscription. After getting used to the windows version of office I find it very hard to use the mac equivalent.