New 13" MBP Battery Life

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by finder39, Jun 20, 2009.

1. finder39 macrumors member

Ok,

so i bought a new 13" with the 2.53 GHZ and 500GB hard drive. Now i saw the article here about the 15" getting the outstanding 8.5 hours of battery in real world tests. i have not opened mine yet and am curious on how long you guys are getting in battery life on the new 13", your opinions on it, likes, dislikes, the works. :)

the more information the better. I got it with the free printer and $150 off of the 16GB ipod touch from a deal a local store called ABT was doing.

this may all influence my opinion to keep it or not. i need one because i have the original 13" black MacBook and it dies on me every month or so and i cant have that do to the fact that I am a Computer Science and Psychology major and require the use of a reliable computer at all times that i can push the performance of.

:apple:Thanks much to all that respond!:apple:

2. Furi Kuri macrumors member

I don't have a new 13" macbook pro, but I am curious as to why your 13" black macbook dies on you every month.

3. finder39 thread starter macrumors member

y dies

mainly because it was my cousins, the my fathers, then mine, so i dont know how they treated it. it's been through a lot and i think way over used and abused. i will treat my new one much better:D

4. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I get roughly 5.5 hours on mine with the backlit keyboard on and wifi.

5. boston44 macrumors 6502

Just bought mine last night - I got 5 hours and let me tell you, big improvement over the black macbook. Sold mine to get this and could not be happier. Love these keys! They seem different then my black mac's.

6. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Has anyone noticed if you get more battery life over Ethernet or Wi-Fi. I seemed to get more over Wi-Fi at times. :confused:

7. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

There are other circumstances to this such as cpu usage, lighting and temperature. etc. a lot of things that can make a difference.

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

5.5 hours with what level of screen brightness and activity?

9. Anaxarxes macrumors regular

auto brightness, backlit keyboard off, bluetooth and wifi enabled and working with a wireless mighty mouse.

I watched an episode of Fifth Gear, surfed the web quite often and edited my iPhoto library for 1 hour.

It lasted 6 hours.

10. finder39 thread starter macrumors member

anyone else?

anyone else want to share their opinions all about their new MBP 13"?

11. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Wow, that actually sounds pretty damn good!

12. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I have my screen at the lowest brightness setting and with surfing the Internet I easily get 7 or 8 hours. About 6 hours watching videos.