New 13" MBP Power cord covers firewire port

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iViking, Apr 21, 2010.

1. iViking macrumors 6502

I love the new MBP but the newly designed power cord covers the firewire port. Seems crazy but true. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, does the viewing angle seem a little less from the sides--yellow tint appears sooner--than the older model? Or is it the exact same screen and only my imagination?

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I think you are using the MagSafe backwards... the cabling is supposed to go to the back of the MBP not to the front....

3. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I thought, but when flipped over that way--so the cord is facing the back--it doesn't work/charge.

4. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

It does look like it's supposed to work both ways, because there's a light on each side, (I think). It's hard to tell because it doesn't light up or charge when it's plugged in with the cord pointing toward the back. There is a hole for a light there, though.

5. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

try it again. it will charge either way.

6. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

It should work in either direction (mine does). If yours doesn't then you have an issue somewhere. Take a look inside the magsafe connector and make sure there isn't a pin stuck.

7. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

That seems strange to me... i ahave only seen it pictured heading backwards.... if it doesnt charge when heading backwards it says to me one of two things...

1. Bad magsafe... or

2. Bad design...

Sorry i cant be of more help!

8. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! It must have been some kind of glitch. After the computer restarted, (after a software update), it worked just fine.

So how about the screens? Are they different than the last version 13" MBP?

This little machine feels close to perfect.

9. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I've had both an Aluminum MacBook last year and my current MacBook Pro since January or February, they are soooo perfect ;)