New 13" MBP, software for battery status check

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pablo90, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Pablo90 macrumors member

Hi just bought the 2010 MBP 13" and I have a couple of questions for you :D

First of all, I installed "coconut battery" or sth like that, to check the battery status, but I would like to know if there an other app that show how many times my mac has been on (since the last charge) and, maybe, also how much time it has been on sleep.

Second question: I set my hotmail account in "Mail", and it works fine..
    I just want to know if is possible to download also the sent emails from the server, so I can have them save on my mac, and if is possible to set that when I read the email (or I download, if that's not possible) in "Mail", online (on the webmail) they get marked as "read" as well.

Third and last question: in iCal I set a calendar called "school", and it's green. Is it possible to sign a specific day, in that calendar, in another color? (without creating a different calendar with another color)

Thank you in advance, Paolo.

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

You can see how long you Mac has been on by using iStat Pro (free useful widget) will tell you how many minutes/hours/days/weeks your mac has been on.

Second question answer. If Hotmail has IMAP support, then the mail boxes will stay in sync. So if it has iMAP support, when you read a message through the web browser, it will be marked as read in Apple Mail. If you read a message in mail or delete messages in Mail, it will update your mail (viewed on the web) From you problem, it sounds like it uses POP, not IMAP. Hotmail have to have IMAP support for this to work.

Attached Files:

3. Pablo90 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the App, I'll try it tomorrow (it's 2 o'clock in the night here) but from the screen it seems to be exactly what I want ;)

About the Hotmail thing, I think it should have it, maybe I didn't set it right ;)
    I'll try that, too.

Thank you for your answers ;)

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

You are welcome.

http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/

^^^^ Link for iStat Pro^^^^
    I didn't know Hotmail supports even POP. Do you have the paid version of hotmail?

5. KirkL macrumors 6502

Do you mind clarifying your last question, I'm a little confused as to what you're asking :confused:

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

He was asking why when he reads a message using Apple mail, and it gets marked as read in Apple mail, why it didn't get marked as read when he went to hotmail.com and logged in. The answer is that he uses POP, so the mail doesn't stay in sync. Using IMAP does keep the mail apps (Apple mail in his case) in sync with the web version of his email (hotmail.com)

7. KirkL macrumors 6502

I meant the iCal one ("third and last")

I know how IMAP and POP work (learned yesterday while setting up GMail in Mail) :D

8. Pablo90 thread starter macrumors member

I've created a calendar or "section", I don't know how you call it... The ones on the left, anyways...

I named it school and when add events to the week, they appears in green...
    And that's fine. But I would like to add some events, for example a day-off, in another color so I can tell one from the other...

Is there a way to do so, or should I just add another "section" in a different color?

EDIT: @ouimetnick, no just the free version...
    I got a "@live.ca" address, but I don't think that matters... It's still Hotmail...