New 13" MBP w/ incase hardshell. Will it work?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSkier, Jun 12, 2009.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

Will the incase hardshell case made for the 13" macbook with the new 13" mbp? Same with the 15"? Thanks.

Oh, and will the computer fit in the incase neoprene sleeve with the hardshell?

2. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

3. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I believe this was discussed on another thread before. From the picture it looked like for the 13 in it would block the sd card spot. I don't know about the 15in and I don't know if it will fit in the sleeve with the case on it.

4. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, obviously it doesn't work w/ the 13". Can anyone confirm if it works with 15"?

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I think the only thing it blocked on the 13 was the security slot.

6. Jeanne-W macrumors newbie

My 13" incase shell fits my new 13" pro just fine and yes it does cover the lock however not an issue for me as I won't be using it. It also comes a bit to close to the speaker jack where the jack can't be plugged in all the way so I am hoping a good sharp knife or something will trim a small sliver off nicely to accommodate the plug. Other then that all other things are accessible just fine... even the battery button still lines up just right. I just bought it a few weeks ago and am not wanting to dish out another 50.00 for another :rolleyes:

I tried to upload some pics but I guess they are to large and since I have only been a Mac convert 3 weeks and still learning my way around I can't seem to find an option in iphoto to resize them
    :(

7. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much, I was not going to buy one, but now you've changed my mind! If there was any way you could upload pictures, I would be forever grateful.

8. Jeanne-W macrumors newbie

Uploading them to Flickr now, will post the link as soon as it's finished :D

9. iomatic macrumors regular

I wouldn't add one.

After putting them on my kids' white MacBooks (they requested them), it's apparent anything gritty enough stuck between will scratch the computer. Also increases insulation.

Just leave it off, and use a sleevecase from Waterfield or InCase. If you must have one, I'd get some film-based protection.

10. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I wouldn't have it on all the time. I am in high school and I want a protection from just other kids bumping it and stuff, but accompanied with the incase neoprene to slip it in when it's in my backpack. When at home, I'd take the hardshell off because I just love the look of the computer naked.

So I will have access to all the important ports and stuff except for the lock? I'm not really that concerned about the lock.

Thanks.

11. Jeanne-W macrumors newbie