new 13" RMPB power/graphics issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xalazan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. xalazan macrumors newbie

I have the new released 13" RMBP with Intel Iris chip, 2.4GHZ i5, 8gb ram, 512 SSD,

Im obviously aware that the RMBP isnt a gaming laptop, but for a £1249 laptop, i was expecting to be able to play some sort of games that dont require much? for example OSU! Path of Exile, Portal 2 or even CS:GO, non of which are the latest releases/ require a lot of power/gpu, but i cant even play these games on 2560x1600? Just moving my mouse on the main menu would be laggy? Not sure if theres hardware problems with my laptop or its just like that?
    I have updated everything in my RMBP,
    Anyone else with a similar problem?

Thanks

2. james010101 macrumors newbie

YEA! im faced with the same problem, can't run CS:GO on my 4k display!!!!! OMGHELPMEMYMACBOOKSUX!!!!

---------------------------------------
    mate, reality check, ur 13" macbook ONLY has an iris integrated graphics solution... that's incomparable to even a nvidia gt635, how the heck do u expect ur macbook to be able to run those 'not so graphically intensive' games at a resolution that's even higher than 1080p? jeez. get real.

3. Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

Wow! You really expected it to be playable at this resolution? With Iris Graphics? I have a suggestion - please make a research before you buy your next computer.

The way to go is 1280x800 with these games, or you can try different resolutions if you want. Such a high resolution can be problematic for any dGPU. The standard nowadays is 1080p and retina is much more.