New 13" uMBP Airport Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rubicon500, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Rubicon500 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new 13" uMBP (entry-level), and it randomly drops the WIFI internet connection. I can't seem to determine what the problem is. There are quite a few computers / devices connected to my dlink router, and there have never been any problems like this before. So, i'm quite sure this has something to do with the uMBP.

I compared the airport settings to my 21.5" iMac, which connects perfectly, and all the settings are the same.

Are there any specific router or computer settings that the uMBP doesn't like, that could possibly be causing this? I don't have MAC filtering on, broadcast SSID is enabled, and i'm using WAP security. Or should i just return this thing and try a new one (still within the 14 days)?

Thanks in advance

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

I would return it and try a new one. If your macbook is the only device dropping connections and the other devices are still staying connected its gotta be a problem with the wifi card in the mac. my new macbook pro is connected to a linksys wrt54gl and never drops connections

3. phishindsn macrumors regular

I found that if you turn off ipv6 under your settings for the airport it seems to stop from dropping from my d-link wireless router.

System Pref --> Network --> Airport --> Advanced --> TCP/IP --> Configure IPv6 turn off