New 13in MacbookPro do I have a trackpad issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clickster, Jun 15, 2009.

1. clickster macrumors newbie

So this is my first macbook pro and this is my first mac.

I am wondering if my trackpad was broken from the getgo. Here is my problem. If you are looking at the trackpad divide the whole thing into 4ths (from top to botttom). Now take the top 1/4th (right under the spacebar key) and no where can I click, not left, not right and, not center. I can't even push now not even a little bit. Is this standard? I did a quick search on the forums but really didn't see a title like this. As soon as I get under the first 1/4 of the trackpad everything works fine. I am just a little confuse as I just saw on Apple website it says the entire trackpad is a button. Please note that the top 1/4 does work if I am just moving my hand to move the mouse around with it, just it doesn't work as a button.

Apple says this "The first thing you might notice — or not notice — is the button. The entire trackpad is the button, so you can click anywhere. Without a separate button, the spacious trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on the large, silky glass surface."
    http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/features.html

Thanks you for the help

2. buckeye17 macrumors member

The touchpad hinge is at the top like a piano key, and therefore it cannot be pressed in.

3. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

that is how it's meant to work

top part doesn't click

4. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I can't click the top cm, but if you go down the next cm, I can click it, but have to push pretty hard. The bottom is the most clicky.

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil