Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I am looking at upgrading and Apple has some good pricing on the uMBP 15.4" Refurb with the 3.06 or should I wait until June to see if they come out with a better CPU like the i5 or i7 ?

I personally am thinking of waiting just for a potentional price drop, not that the newer CPU's are more compelling, just trying to see if they will reduce the prices, although refurb's are a good way to go.:rolleyes:

sharkzfanz

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
San Jose, CA
I am looking at upgrading and Apple has some good pricing on the uMBP 15.4" Refurb with the 3.06 or should I wait until June to see if they come out with a better CPU like the i5 or i7 ?

I personally am thinking of waiting just for a potentional price drop, not that the newer CPU's are more compelling, just trying to see if they will reduce the prices, although refurb's are a good way to go.:rolleyes:

3.06Ghz will be about equal with MOST day to day tasks. If you do very extensive items like video editing or photo editing maybe wait but if not really no need.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
I love mine. Got it in November fully loaded. It's super fast and it's also is a speed freak in Final Cut Express

Puqq

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2009
If you don't really care about the extra power of updated CPUs, you probably don't even need the 3.06Ghz model ;)

+1

After update, you could get maybe get i7s for the same price. Those are 25% or so faster.

And GPU will be updated as well

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you can wait, then I recommend you do so. If you have an immediate need, then it makes little sense in waiting.

When apple does get around to releasing the new line of MBPs the prior generation that is still in inventory will go to the refurb store for a discount.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
if you're machines in your sig are doing well enough at the moment, i'd suggest waiting. the upgrade to i5/i7 should be substantial over the 3.06 in the long run, and will be a much bigger upgrade for you when the time comes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.