New 15" MacBook Pro clear skin protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportster, Mar 16, 2011.

1. sportster macrumors 6502

I just got the Misses a new 15" MacBook pro (we both love it!) this past weekend. Now we are thinking of getting some type of clear skin protector for it. We have our iPad covered with a whole body kit from SGP, and have been happy with it. But, I am not finding much of anything for the new 15".

Any suggestions or ideas of where to look?

2. lurrego macrumors member

get a wrapsol from wrapsol.com

use code twitmywrap at checkout for 30% off

3. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

I second the wrapsol. It has a matte finish compared to BestSkinsEver, but the Wrapsol doesn't have a perfect fit like the BSE.

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Although not exactly what you're looking for but you might also want to check out the hardcases from Speck or Incase. Good luck. :)

5. sportster thread starter macrumors 6502

Do either the wrapsol or BestSkinEven have the "orange peal" texture and tackiness like Zagg wraps have? I had the Zagg on one of my older iPhone and after some time did not care for it. Are either of these like the Zagg wrap?

I really like the SGP I have on the iPad, but they do not have the macbook pro listed on their website.

6. sportster thread starter macrumors 6502

I just ordered the Wrapsol. I skipped on the 30% off code. The wrap for the 15" MacBook is $49.95 and with 30% off it make it $34.97. They also offer free shipping on order over $35. So I would have to pay $7.95 for shipping making the total $42.95.

I found a code for 20% off (stayconnected). The total with that code shipped was $39.96. Save almost $3 with the cheaper discount... Hey $3 is $3, a cup of coffee maybe :cool:

7. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

You will like the Wrapsol, it's matte and doesn't have the orange peel look of the Zagg :)