Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hacurio1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2002
I just got my new 15” AluBook and I’m so happy. Initially, I was very scared with all the reports about poor battery life, hinge problems, white spots, etc. But, as of today, October 7, I got a perfect machine, and even my battery life has been substantially higher than I expect it to be. I’m very satisfied with my purchase. I don’t know if people are getting 3.5+ hours of battery life with airport on, but I’m consistently getting that battery life with settings for longest battery life. What I did is took the battery out when I got my book, used Ac to upgrade to 10.2.8, restarted, and I put the battery back on. I followed all the instructions on calibrating the battery, so I charged it and then drained until it went to sleep. BTW, My PB is a 1.2 GHz with standard config. without superdrive.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i didn't know you could use the comp without a battery? :confused:

i haven't really tried seeing how much battery life i can get now... but i think the 10.2.8 update did help.

perhaps anyone who 'conditioned' their battery with 10.2.7 installed could have inadvertantly given their battery a lower capacity?!!:eek: i hope not...

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Originally posted by cb911
i didn't know you could use the comp without a battery? :confused:

as long as the power supply's in you can! if you go into most apple stores/apple resellers, their laptops always have the batteries taken out of them

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I easily get 3 1/2-4 hours of battery life without taking the battery out and upgrading or doing anything besides calibrating it once and using a modest power profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.