Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toomuchstereo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Just checking out the apple site, 15" Powerbook shiping time is now 3-5 days. Maybe this is cause apple is addressing the problem. I know this is all guessing on my part, but I need a new laptop. Rockin a ibook g3, I'm gonna try to wait till MWSF. But if they fix the screen problem I'll buy now.

toomuchstereo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I'm hoping we will have intel macs at MWSF, but I don't want a iBook as rumored, Powerbook only......please apple. I start my next college semester on Jan 9th.....perfect timing.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I highly, highly doubt we'll see any mactels at MWSF. Jobs said by next summer... if he thought it was feasible that they'd be out 6 months before that, don't you think he would have said so?

Apple's MO is to promise big and fail to deliver, not to keep our hopes down and then exceed them. I'm just going from past performance here (3 Ghz by next summer!)

It would be great if the ship times really do reflect the fact that apple is addressing the 15" screen issue. I bought a 15" last week, but it happened to arrive DOA. I sent it back for a refund rather than a replacement because I decided I didn't want to deal with this screen issue, but if they fix the problem, I'll buy again immediately. Screw mactel. I'm not going to run windows natively, I don't want to deal with rosetta, and I don't want any other rev. A bugs. I'll gladly buy ASAP... as long as those damn lines are gone.

fklehman

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
Newark, DE
My PB 15" shipping date got pushed from Nov. 18 to Nov. 29. I ordered back on the 15th and the website had said 1-3 days to ship at the time.

Edit: Mine is a BTO though (7200rpm HDD), so maybe that's a factor as well...

finchwizard

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2005
Australia
Mine got ordered on the 1st, I'm still waiting, I don't know what the heck they are doing in Australia, but they are taking their sweet time.

I've got a BTO as well, with the upgraded 7200rpm drive.
So much for the 7-10day time.

dblissmn

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2002
Apple Store is still posting 3-5 days as a delay for the shipping on the 15 inch Powerbook. Any sign of Apple stopping the assembly line to check for problems, or is it just selling well?

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
If it is selling well then my guess would be that Apple is smart enough to keep it in stock!

Perhaps there is cause to hope :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.