New 15" Retina Macbook Pro

mickeydean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
2.6/1TB/750m/16Gb

Crashes very often and sleep wake failures pretty often too.

Anyone else?

I know how to maintain a mac and haven't been using any intensive software.

Help?

sonyisawesome

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2012
Heard about this sleep crash so many times from the new models of 15".

I haven't heard any of this with the early 2013 model.

Quu

macrumors 68030
Apr 2, 2007
I had the same exact 15" as you (same BTO options) which I used for about 8 days before returning it. I never experienced any of these crashing issues that you described.

Did you do a migration from another Macintosh / Time Machine Backup? Do you have any software running constantly that you can list here and potentially deactivate to see if that is the problem?

Have you checked your Macs logs by opening Console.app? It may indicate where the fault is.

And of course give Apple a call or try the new online Apple support website and chat with a representative.

mickeydean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I had the same exact 15" as you (same BTO options) which I used for about 8 days before returning it. I never experienced any of these crashing issues that you described.

Did you do a migration from another Macintosh / Time Machine Backup? Do you have any software running constantly that you can list here and potentially deactivate to see if that is the problem?

Have you checked your Macs logs by opening Console.app? It may indicate where the fault is.

And of course give Apple a call or try the new online Apple support website and chat with a representative.
Clean install. I tried isolating the issue. The logs I've surveyed don't tell me what it is (I don't have the technical background to diagnose it this far). Any other pointers? Thanks

hybrid62

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008
I have the mid 2012 and it does the something but only after i upgraded to maverick...so i am wondering if its something in maverick that causing it.

lagisibuk

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
2.6/1TB/750m/16Gb

Crashes very often and sleep wake failures pretty often too.

Anyone else?

I know how to maintain a mac and haven't been using any intensive software.

Help?
I ever similiar experience like this with 15 Retina mid 2012.
after install mavericks, i need to patch all OS X needed (java, etc)...
and then, when install office 11, you need to complete lates update from office 11...

hope this can help you.

mickeydean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I ever similiar experience like this with 15 Retina mid 2012.
after install mavericks, i need to patch all OS X needed (java, etc)...
and then, when install office 11, you need to complete lates update from office 11...

hope this can help you.
Thanks. I think there was an update from Apple that helped.

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
I have a near configuration to yours and I have never experienced anything like this. I would definitely take it to your local Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.