new 15" retina-pink tint on whites?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JPizzzle, Aug 20, 2014.

1. JPizzzle, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

JPizzzle macrumors 6502

Hey Folks,

So I picked up a mid 2014 15" macbook pro retina, and noticed something that I would like some feedback on. Some history first, i've tried to purchase this computer multiple times in January after a processor upgrade, but kept getting yellow tinted screens. I jumped back in last week and luckily did not notice any yellow tint. I did however notice that when looking at pages with predominately white background (think mail app), the off center color of the whites is a little pinkish to the left and right of center. If I center my head to the left or right of screen, it does not appear pinkish. Is this just "normal" color or contrast fall off? Also the apple logo on the back of the display seems a little pinkish in comparison to my 2011 macbook air. Both pics are iPhone 5-left has HDR off, right on. Thanks

Thanks in advance,

JP

Attached Files:

2. pragmatous, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014

pragmatous macrumors 65816

Go under system preferences->Displays->Color - and choose the color that best fits your style.

It's not the display. I think people's panic about the display being wrong is simply the color being set to something they don't like.

3. Rbk23 macrumors regular

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5188363?start=30&tstart=0

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1765461

4. JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it's not so much a yellow tint issue, as it is a pinkish hue off angle.

5. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

I think this just has something to do with the IPS technology. If you were to do the same thing as you described on a black scene of a movie or picture, you'll see the same pink hue, even greenish. But honestly, if it looks fine from head on and you have no light bleeding in dark pictures. You've got a good screen.

6. JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah, it's more of a pinkish off center when looking directly at the computer. If you shift your head to center yourself over the pink areas-they appear white-Anyone else experience this?