New 15" rMBP WiFi Blind After Waking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khollister, Oct 28, 2013.

1. khollister macrumors 6502a

khollister

Didn't notice this at first, but most of the time my 2013 15" rMBP now wakes from sleep, it can't see any wifi networks. If I cycle the wifi (turn off and back on), it picks up my LAN fine. Speeds are good and the connection is reliable once it's made.

Anybody else noticing something like this? I'm certain it's the MBP, not my network since all the neighbor's SSID's disappear as well as mine.

Guess I'll call Apple tomorrow and see what they have to say.

2. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

I had that on my iMac when it woke from sleep. It showed as connected, but never connected to the internet. I had to turn off the WiFi and turn it back on and it connected just fine. I believe it was an issue with mountain lion because after a few software updates, it stopped occurring. Check to see if there is an Airport update.

3. bfc macrumors member

I have the same issue, it's intermittent, some times it connects immediately after waking from sleep, some times it won't connect until I cycle the wifi on and off.

4. Benjamin99 macrumors member

sorry to dig up an old thread, but i'm having the same issue for the last few months on my rMBP as well. Any ideas what this could be?