New 15"uMBP and 24" Apple Cinema Disply

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by minimalistic, Jun 22, 2009.

1. minimalistic macrumors regular

Guys,

I just bought a brand new 15" 2.8 uMBP. I have a 24' ACD display that I was using with my old mac pro.

What adapter do I need to get the MacBook Pro connected to the ACD? The guy over at the Apple Store said that the Mini Display Port to DVI doesnt work with new uMBP, that I have to wait. Is this true? :S (Seems kind of odd that Apple is selling computers and monitors that wont even connect).

2. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

Um, what? The ACD has a mini DisplayPort plug, and your new uMBP has a mini DisplayPort port. Plug it straight in, no adapter needed.

Unless I'm totally wrong, and Apple now sells a "Mac Pro" edition ACD with a DVI connector that I didn't know about...:confused:

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

If you have a 24" ACD, it has a mini-display port already built in. If you mean 23", then it has a DVI-connection and you will need the mDP-DVI. And it does work with the uMBP; in fact, its your only option as the uMBP only has mDP and no other output.

4. minimalistic thread starter macrumors regular

Ohh thats right hehe, I do have a 23"..(I believe...its the totally aluminum one, not the new model). So all I need is the minidp to DVI?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB570Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MjkyNjI0MQ

Thanks!