Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Has anyone been able to get a 32gb 16” MacBook Pro in store? It looks like Apple’s website has them all build to order and delivery of 12/5.

Just curious if anyone has been able to find them anywhere?

medw1974

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
UK
Depends what other specs you want, UK stores currently have stock of this one...

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 10.43.56.png

Reactions: ascender and cmhsam

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Another reason I should move to the UK!

EDIT: I found that config above here in the US. Man $3899 USD. That’s a lot of money for instant gratification.
Education discount brings it down a fair bit (3559 or something?). And then you can you can use the Apple credit card for 3% cash back. And to make it a bit more tolerable, I drove down to to the Delaware Apple store to pick it up with no sales tax.

All that said my original plan was to get a 32gb / 2TB model with the 2.3 CPU and 4GB VRAM. So the price difference wasn't as crazy as if you were planning for less storage.

Reactions: kazmac

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Education discount brings it down a fair bit (3559 or something?). And then you can you can use the Apple credit card for 3% cash back. And to make it a bit more tolerable, I drove down to to the Delaware Apple store to pick it up with no sales tax.

All that said my original plan was to get a 32gb / 2TB model with the 2.3 CPU and 4GB VRAM. So the price difference wasn't as crazy as if you were planning for less storage.
I forgot about the EDU discount. I got the 16gb version but am returning it because running one vm in fusion and a couple of office apps maxes out the ram.

medw1974

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
UK
True, most London based stores will obviously have more custom stock, any where else it’s pretty much nonexistent.

I'm in Durham and it's showing stock of the £3789 config (Space Grey only) in my 12 nearest stores which are...

Newcastle x2
Leeds
Edinburgh
Manchester x2
Meadowhall (Sheffield)
Liverpool
Glasgow x2
Aberdeen
Highcross (Leicester)

Reactions: ascender and waquzy

applesed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
I heard that generally they had higher demand for the 32 GB configs then they anticipated, but will be still carrying those once more shipments come in.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I heard that generally they had higher demand for the 32 GB configs then they anticipated, but will be still carrying those once more shipments come in.

I picked up a 2.4, 32GB, 2TB, 8MB on launch day. This config is generally carried in stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.