New 17" in Apple stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by detz, Jan 6, 2009.

1. detz macrumors 65816

Will they be on display in the stores before they are "shipped"? I would like to go play with them to see the screens, weight, etc before I order online.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I would assume that they won't be in the Apple Stores until they are shipping the product. It wouldn't make much sense to have a product on display that you can't buy in store or online until later in the month.

3. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I don't think you will see them any sooner on display before they are for sale, but they said by the end of the month, just cross your fingers:)

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Go there at opening and closing everyday. If they're in, you'll find out for sure.

I say give it till end of the week before you start.:D

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Normally each store gets sent one, 2 weeks before release, like there is a few at the Macworld Expo, just for display, but you have to go to the main Apple Stores, not one of the smaller ones or resellers. I would wait about 10 days before checking, but you could always call and check? they dont bite down the phone :) honest...

6. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I know genius that works there so I will just have him let me know when they get one it. :) I really want to see the glossy/matte before I drop that kind of coin.