New 17" Macbook Pro so far INDESTRUCTIBLE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmeaux6, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jmeaux6 macrumors newbie

So I was in a room built from cinder blocks today and went to put my 17" mbp in my laptop bag today and I wasn't really paying attention and banged it against a corner of cinder blocks jutting out of the wall for no apparent reason. Needless to say I was instantly upset at myself for not paying attention and was afraid to look down at my mbp.

When I did what I saw shocked me. A piece of cinder block the size of a dime was compacted against the edge of the aluminum casing and I just pulled it off it didn't even leave a scratch!

No I don't work for Apple and this is not an April Fools Joke, if you need to know if the new unibody can withstand a few hard knocks here is your proof.

2. Apple iKid macrumors regular

Hahaha! I think I would be too scared to look. ever.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

wow that story brings tears to my eyes:rolleyes:

i dont want to sound negative, but i think you got lucky. but im glad that your computer is ok.:)

4. Apple iKid macrumors regular

I would have to agree there.

Your very lucky.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Sorry to say but you totally just set yourself up for something really nasty to happen. Watched that MBP like a hawk!

Hey Murphy didn't write the law, he just made us all deal with it.

6. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Macbook Pro 1
    Cinder block 0

Glad to hear these new machines are so durible. That definitely would have caused damage on the previous generation, luck or not.

7. aleni macrumors 68020

when i came home, entered the gate and turned around to lock the gate, my mbp hit the gate, and all i had in the mbp was a gate's paint, i rubbed it off and leaves no scratch or any dent to this beast. i'm thankful. and what i did the next day was getting a soft case for it.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is kind of unclear- do you mean some cinder block was clinging to the side of your MBP? If that's the case then some loose material somehow managed to just fasten itself to the edge.

Cinder blocks aren't very hard anyways, and swinging the MBP into a cinder block doesn't at all compare to dropping it. But in any case it's good to hear that it wasn't damaged.

9. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Don't push your luck. I carry my system constantly..

HEY, THERES A 15" UMBP ON THE NEWS!.... sorry, I just saw it :p

Okay, back on topic, it does chip/dent/damage very easily. Just becareful with it and it'll be okay. Once or twice incidents are not much but don't think that its okay to constantly drop it or hit anything

Congrats on enjoying your system though.

10. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Mines pretty strong, i dropped a wine bottle (full but closed) on the screen the other day when it was closed from about 2 metres high, and there isnt any damage what-so-ever, im pretty amazed really, my other machine, a 15" Uni is however covered in dents.

11. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Some japanese peoples use the MacBook Air's edge as a knife to cut their meat.

12. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

[​IMG]

13. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Man... I want one of those 17 inch MBP so MBP so bad. :cool:

14. shoppy macrumors 6502a

That is an amazing story, I would be too scared to look.

15. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I did that once, kinda... Picked up my MBP to walk into the living room and knocked it against the door pretty hard... took me a minute to want to look at it, but it didn't leave anything... whew