New 17" MPB purchase advice...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PsyD4Me, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

    PsyD4Me

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    under your bed
    #1
    would you rather spend the $300 on the 128GB SSD (space is not a big concern for me)

    or

    the cpu speed bump to 2.93?

    at this point i'm leaning toward the SSD because i love it on my MBA, but what do you think?
     
  2. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

    capriseyhaze

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Location:
    florida
    #2
    Cpu speed isnt really as important as drive speed in everyday use. Now if your using the macbook pro for pro apps everyday such as pro tools finalcut studio or photoshop or something them cpu speed would be a better choice
     
  3. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #3
    You'll notice the speed increase from the SSD way more than you will from the CPU.

    Alternatively, get the CPU upgrade and wait a few months to purchase the SSD when prices are cheaper? We all like the best of both worlds lol :p

    That is my plan at any rate, going to wait till around end of summer to get a SSD once I see how the prices are. Aiming for 256GB or 512GB personally. Then wait till a year or two down the line and extend to 8GB ram when I feel I'll actually need it.
     

Share This Page