New 17" Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AR15MBP, Feb 19, 2009.

1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Would someone who has received the new 17" describe the new screen? Can you post the model number? (It can be located in system preferences -> displays -> colors -> select color lcd profile -> open profile -> Line 13 has the model #) Also can you describe any light leakage one has (especially is there is stage lighting on the bottom).

Any insight would be appreciated!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Forum rules states no bumping.

You should have asked the question in the popular "received" thread instead of making your own thread with vague title.

3. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Mine is the new matte display... It is very very clear!! At 2.3 mp it is medical grade.. I couldn't find the model number in system preferences... From my early testing... The Grayscale quality is very good... And the colour is even better... You notice no difference between the 9400 and the 9600... But it is great for watching movies and what!!

Will report back if I have anymore...

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

When I go in to the menu on mine it doesnt display device ID or Manufacturer info for the Display.

[​IMG]

However no backlight bleeding, the display is 100% perfect. I have the glossy.

5. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

you have the matte display?! not to sound rude or anything but from everywhere i have read none of these have been shipped yet (MBP Unibody 2009 with matte), are you sure you dont mean glossy?!

6. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

I needed it for work... and as It was purchased through a govermant organization... they haggled and eventually we got it yesterday... I have been sitting looking at delays for long enough, and as it is my main mobile platform I badly needed the new upgrade!!! I do mean the Matte Screen by the way... You weren't being rude by asking...

Jack

7. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

You have to go down to Line 13, and it should display it then.

8. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Sorry you did explain that at the first post but I misunderstood.

Manufacturer: 00000610
    Model: 00009C99
    Manufacture Date: C581B800

:)

9. lscangus macrumors 6502

it would be great if you can post some pictures!