Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18207

You need to download the driver and the modified INF file. Copy the INF file to the extracted folder and then install new drivers. They do have improved performance, very nice. This is for XP 32bit.

Ok, I'm confused. I went on their main page (laptopvideo2go) and went to download drivers, clicked on xp-32bit and the latest appears to be from 2007. Is the one you're posting a beta?

Also, anyone have a link to Vista for these drivers?

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
any improvements on the new drivers?

It's marginal, but depending on what you are doing it's nice. For example, I experienced a 5FPS improvement in Crysis, which in that game is quite a bit. Other games I got about the same FPS improvement, but it allowed me to bump up some GFX settings in certain games without a disadvantage.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I tell you what 10 FPS is a lot...20-30 FPS while playing is the difference between playing a game and not playing it

Mariux.mac

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
i have does drivers how can i overclock them? and how mutch? i have a mbp, and another question how you safly uninstal boot camp vga drivers and then instal those modified?

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
i have does drivers how can i overclock them? and how mutch? i have a mbp, and another question how you safly uninstal boot camp vga drivers and then instal those modified?

Last I heard, the most recent drivers for the 8600GT could not be overclocked, I don't know if this has changed with this update...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.