New 2.4 Macbook turn off instead of sleeping

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iBookfan, Apr 7, 2008.

1. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Hi.

When my new Blackbook runs out of battery it turn off instead of go to sleep. Howcome? And how to fix it?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

It seems your battery is running out of power perhaps. Does the sleep light pulse? You can't wake it up unless you plug it in. Also if you totally run out of power, it will turn off, but will resume from where the RAM was archived to the hard drive.

3. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Yes the sleep light pulse for a second or two and then it goes off and the computer is turned off. Then I have to plug it to the A/C and start it up normally. Howcome?

4. wedge234 macrumors member

Essentially, and this is to my understanding, is that it runs out of battery, but it has a reserve supply meant only for saving to memory what was going on before it turned off and keeps any important system stuff from being lost. I believe that it shuts off only to conserve that battery power.

5. herman238 macrumors member

I think it's because it's new and isn't quite sure when the battery's about to run out, just fully discharge it once more and it should be fine

6. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Well, this is the second time it shuts off instead of going to sleep. Is there anything I can do?

I know that it reserves some battery so you can save your work, but mine dose'nt do that, instead it just shuts down :confused: