new 20'' imac...today's the day?

comebackdwn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
well. i have been saving up and waiting for awhile now. i have been waiting for a couple things.

1. for leopard to come preinstalled on the imacs, so i wont have to worry about waiting a couple of hours to play with my new machine while leopard is upgrading.

2. for some of the imac problems to be resolved.

well. i just got off the phone with the local apple store and apparently the imacs they have in stock are now coming with leopard pre-installed. and considering apple just released an update for the imac....does this mean it's time for me? any opinions would help...since i just want the best for my money. :confused:

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I have had a 20 inch iMac since August with no problems. I believe the freezing issue is on a relatively small number of computers.

Good luck.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
I believe the freezing issue is on a relatively small number of computers.

Good luck.
X2
Yes, now is the time. Even if it does freeze, just replace it. The more people with freezing ones bugging apple about it the sooner they will find a fix. My parents and a friend of mine just got new imacs in the past 4 weeks and neither have problems.:apple:

Cobra2001

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
SoCal
To the OP, what did you end up doing? Did you go to the store and get an iMac and did it have Leopard Pre-installed?

Thanks.