new 20'' imac...today's the day?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by comebackdwn, Nov 2, 2007.

1. comebackdwn macrumors regular

well. i have been saving up and waiting for awhile now. i have been waiting for a couple things.

1. for leopard to come preinstalled on the imacs, so i wont have to worry about waiting a couple of hours to play with my new machine while leopard is upgrading.

2. for some of the imac problems to be resolved.

well. i just got off the phone with the local apple store and apparently the imacs they have in stock are now coming with leopard pre-installed. and considering apple just released an update for the imac....does this mean it's time for me? any opinions would help...since i just want the best for my money. :confused:

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The update doesn't 100% clear up the issue for many people. If you do get a freezing iMac, have it swapped straight away. The odds are in your favour that you should be OK.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have had a 20 inch iMac since August with no problems. I believe the freezing issue is on a relatively small number of computers.

Good luck.

4. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

X2
    Yes, now is the time. Even if it does freeze, just replace it. The more people with freezing ones bugging apple about it the sooner they will find a fix. My parents and a friend of mine just got new imacs in the past 4 weeks and neither have problems.:apple:

5. Cobra2001 macrumors regular

To the OP, what did you end up doing? Did you go to the store and get an iMac and did it have Leopard Pre-installed?

Thanks.