New 2010 Mac Mini (Power supply) question.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by byke, Jun 15, 2010.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

With the release of this very beautiful product I find myself wanting and almost convincing myself that I need one. However the price for the latest Mac Mini is very much "Out there" IMHO. Especially if you plan to have the upgrades such as 4Mb Ram / 500 MB HD / 2.6ghz Processor.

So after realizing the price in Europe of this item will need more than a few tubs of Anal Ease lubrication, I have started to look at the US store and maybe have a friend ship one over to me.

The question is, however.
    Do the US Mac Mini models have a different internal power supply to the regular 240volts of Europe?

/Cheers

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. qwerty808 macrumors member

that's good news.... i think the old models were 110v only with the external power adaptor? i think... in japan they were 110v only.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Really? That seems a bit incongruous, considering every other Apple product is shipped with the necessary power accessories to handle almost any international voltage/frequency you'll find... but I suppose it's possible and the older ones might have indeed shipped with regional power supplies.

5. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

Do you think by any chance there is an internal switch to specify the voltage for 240? or is this automatic?

6. belvdr macrumors 603

It's likely automatic, as most power supplies are these days. The former Mini supported 220 volts as well.

7. ADent macrumors 6502a

The old brick was labeled 120 when sold in the US and 120/240 when shipped overseas. Reports are it was the same brick, and in fact worked at 220. But it wasn't labeled for such and I guess could cause problems.