New 2011 13" i5 MPB not detecting 23" HD display or studio display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hookedonhydro, Mar 1, 2011.

1. hookedonhydro macrumors newbie

This is very frustrating, and disapointing.. all day I was looking forward to hooking up the 23" so i can do what i do on something other than this tiny 13" screen.

Both monitors I have require the ADC power supply, I then went with the thunderbolt port out to DVI, and then the ADC power supply has ADC connection for display and DVI for the adapter. The little light on the monitors fade in and out, USB peripherals work, but other than that, nothing is being detected. Anyone else have any idea what could be wrong?

Both monitors were working just fine together an hour ago on my G5. I DID purchase the adapter from ebay for like 6 bucks but seriously, what are the chances..

I know this laptop just came out a few days ago, but maybe theres more people with similar problems.. im open to any and all suggestions and appreciate them greatly, thanks.

2. FYDave macrumors member

Do you know if the DVI port on the monitor is a DVI-I or a DVI-D port?

I can't really discuss the specifics of the adapter you purchased but I know that the apple adapters are DVI-I which makes them incompatible with any DVI-D monitors.

3. hookedonhydro thread starter macrumors newbie

Dvi

The package it came in reads

"Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter"

Features:
    Support Mini DisplayPort 1.1a input and DVI output
    Support DVI Highest video res 1080p
    Support DVI 225Mhz/2.25Gbps per channel )6.75Gbps all channel) bandwith
    Support DVI 12bit per channel (36 all channel) deep color.