New 2011 Macbook Pro Issues w/ bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xdbuix, Mar 7, 2011.

1. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Just got the 15" macbook pro. It's pretty sweet. I have vista w/ boot camp. It's fine and dandy when I use fusion. Vista is updated all the way, because i used fusion to connect wirelessly. However when I switch to boot camp, I'm not able to connect wireless because there are no wireless networks detected. Also the red light in the head phones area lights up.

I'm bringing it in to the genius bar on tuesday, i'm just looking for some second opinions about whats happening. Thanks!

2. Kauai macrumors 6502a

Going to take a wild guess (I haven't used bootcamp before) and say you didn't install the drivers after installing Vista? IIRC the OSX disc has all the drivers on it.

3. xdbuix thread starter macrumors 6502

THX alot i'm on it

4. Jehct macrumors newbie

I read somewhere that the new MacBooks bootcamp only supports windows 7. That might be ur problem

5. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Also when you put the OSX disc in, it will auto run the wrong program on the disc.

When installing w7 recently the OSX disc auto runs dvd sharing app and not the bootcamp.exe that installs the drivers, you will have to actually OPEN the disc and navigate to the exe. You wont be able to right click to open it either so maybe use a usb mouse.

6. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

7. kbright1892 macrumors member

This was not my experience. It auto ran the boot camp program with no input from me.

8. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Weird i have installed it on 3 laptops over the last week now and it autoruns the sharing.exe first and i have to navigate to the bootcamp one!

9. Mikieee182, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Mikieee182 macrumors newbie

Solution!!!

I had the same problem and I've been working on it for a couple of days now. The problem is that you havnt installed the latest drivers on the windows side of things. I couldnt find a download link on the apple website to download the 3.1 version, but I did find a torrent with the ISO file.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5575916/BootCamp_3.1

You can use any torrent client such as Bitlord or uTorrent. Just download this and you'll have the file.

Next you either need to burn the iso file to a disc using Disc Utility if you have a mac that can burn dvd's. I however have a Macbook that doesnt have that facility, so while in Windows I downloaded freeware called "Virtual Clone Drive".

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Once you download and install this, you will need to Restart your Mac.

Right-click the ISO file and select "Mount (Virtual Clone Drive)" This will trick the Mac into thinking that you have burned the file onto a disc and you can install it that way.

Let the BootCamp drivers do its thing and during the installation you will start to hear sounds and the red light will turn off.

Also you will be able to use the apple function keys, such as volume and screen dimmer, two finger scrolling and two finger right click.

Hope this helps my friend! ;)