new 2012 11" macbook air or ipad with 64gb

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by miatadan, Jun 11, 2012.

1. miatadan macrumors member

miatadan

Since these both are approx same size,would the new 2012 Macbook Air 11" be a better choice than new ipad with 64gb storage? In Canada with education pricing: base Macbook Air is $979 vs new ipad 64gb at $849...:confused:

If I add price of external keyboard for ipad even less price difference.

Biggest drawback is much shorter battery life in MacBook Air 11" :mad:

For just email, safari , itunes and playing you tube videos is the MacBook Air fast enough without getting 8 gb ram upgrade?

For me, having a ipad I was forever having to clean screen:eek: sold it because of that reason

Will be travelling to Europe late this summer and feel MacBook Air 11" perfect size:)

with those who have 11" Macbook Air happier with it than ipad?

Dan

2. Man on the moon macrumors regular

iPad will NOT be a better choice against a macbook air. iPad is nice but it really can't substitute an actual notebook.

I am certain many will agree.

Macbook air will be the better choice.

3. Techwriter macrumors regular

I own both but if I had to choose just one, I would definitely keep the Air. I currently own three laptops and it is definitely my favorite. Snappy, light, and eye-catching, it's a wonderful, extremely portable machine.

4. jgc macrumors regular

I think it's hard to compare the two devices since they both have very different purposes. The iPad is geared more towards content consumption and is more like a toy. The MBA is more like a working tool for content creation. iPad may be more fun for small games or reading a book, watching videos/Netflix etc., but if you need to get real work done you'll need a laptop.

5. miatadan thread starter macrumors member

miatadan

I think most likely will be ordering the MacBook Air 11" with 8 gb ram upgrade & 64 gb ssd as since this new model has usb 3, I can use 64gb usb 3 flash drive to store music + videos

Dan

be great if it can be comfirmed sata 3 for ssd

6. jgc macrumors regular

Confirmed to be twice as fast as OP's previous 2011 ultimate 13" MBA. Must mean SATA 3.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384251