New 2012 13" MBPro and Windows 7 64-Bit

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I was thinking of getting a new MBP the 13" base model with 8 GB of ram and getting Windows 7 64-Bit.

Does anyone have this running? Is the dual boot smooth and Windows 7 nice to install? I am in the IT field so I am technical, just want to make sure it works rally well before I do it, otherwise I will keep my Windows desktop.

2. Rocky244 macrumors regular

Installing win7 is not at all difficult. Just follow the bootcamp instructions. They go through step by step, it's straightforward.

I use dual boot extensively and it runs extremely well. With 8 gb you'd be fine on either side, but it's close to not enough if you plan to use a virtual machine extensively like parallels or vmware.

3. biohead macrumors 6502

Yeah it runs absolutely fine. The process is basically the same as installing on a normal PC.

Once installed, Windows 7 is then natively installed - so there's no performance hit if that's what you're worried about.

4. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Not worried more or less just want to make sure the 64-bit version of windows 7 Premium runs ok with 8GB. I will only use the Windows partition for Frontpage 2003, I design for a non profit and this is the standard they chose, not my call otherwise I would be using Adobe.

I might play COD 4 in boot camp from time to time, but I do not mind turning down the settings so it runs ok.