New 2012 iMac - Any Logic users out there?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrbump, Dec 16, 2012.

1. mrbump macrumors newbie

hi all

1st post so please go easy..

Wondering if anyone taking possession of the latest new iMacs run Logic on Mountain Lion? If so how has it performed?

Would anyone be prepared to run the Logic test?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/371545-logic-pro-multicore-benchmarktest.html

I have a 3.4 3TB Fusion 27" arriving in the first week of Jan and am worried by the reports of many people experiencing lag issues on Logic.

Be very interested in people's experiences and your benchmark scores on the new iMacs.

Many thanks

2. mrbump thread starter macrumors newbie

3. spectorga macrumors newbie

Can you elaborate on the lag issues you reference?
    I expect delivery of my new iMac on Wed, 12/19. It has an i7 3.4 gHz chip and a fusion drive. I would be willing to give the test a run, but I won't be able to get to it until after the new year due to US Holidays. FWIW, I'm currently running Logic 9.1.8 on a 2012 ML iMac without issues.

4. LogicPro macrumors regular

My iMac won't arrive for probably another week, but as soon as it does, I'm getting Logic 9 on it. I'll let you know how well it works with Lion!

5. mrbump thread starter macrumors newbie

GUI lag issues (especially with EQ type inserts with graphical displays) and things like you press stop and the system keeps running without responding etc

Not everyone experiences the issues with Logic and ML so fingers crossed we don't! I'm currently running SL which is the most stable OS with Logic to date it seems.