New 2012 MB Pros how much more expensive than current?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djtopcat, May 13, 2012.

1. djtopcat macrumors newbie

I don't know if anyone can answer this because the new models have not even been officially announced yet right?
    Just debating whether I should wait or just get a current MB Pro which has
    great specs too and will probably be cheaper. :)

2. trikky macrumors regular

Why do people keep creating their own thread to ask the same type of question, over and over again? :eek:

If you need a computer now, buy one now.
    If you don't need a computer, wait.
    If the new ones come out and you don't like their price point, you could always get the current model as a refurb.

You should take your current computer in for repairs though, 'cos the search function didn't seem to work. :D

3. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Apple do evolutionary prices so in theory they should always stay the same as they see it as advancement in technology. However with ever changing demands in the supply change or your countries economic climate ie. Britain raising VAT to 20% a while ago, chances are they'll rise by £100 at max. I don't see that happening though. £999 is a nice starting number.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

If you don't like the new ones when they come out or they are too expensive, then you will very likely be able to get a great deal on a 2011 model in Apple's refurb store or through a reseller.