New 2012 MBP or 2011 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonathanbruce, Mar 24, 2012.

1. jonathanbruce macrumors member

jonathanbruce

Hello Everyone:cool:
    I use my MBP on a regular basis, running programs such as office11, sibelius 7 pro, creative suite cs5.5, Aperture 3.
    Check my profile out...please tell me if which of the three laptops i should use for what i do..
    currently i have a FW800 ext drive and am a little concerned about the future of FW800 so am backing up everything on my pc..

Could do with some advice and help from everyone on this....
    thanks in advance

2. Tatonnement macrumors newbie

If you don't need it right now then wait to see how the new model will be. If you don't like it you can buy a 2011 version at a lower price from a reseller.

3. AppChat macrumors regular

4. jonathanbruce thread starter macrumors member

jonathanbruce

I am considering that as an option... since i have a buyer for my existing mbp in May..
    will see what pans out..
    I got my mbp from Amazon Uk in Dec 10 just before the VAT rise happened. It jumped from 17.5% to now 20%..

I'm am assuming I could transfer my ssd over ? it only a sataII ssd or could I transfer my Corsair sataIII over from my pc?

5. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

If your SataIII (6GB/s) is 2,5" it should work fine. Im planning for an SSD aswell, but Im still awaiting the release of the new Mbp to see what happens on that front. Ive read alot of posts where people who uses photo/design-apps go for the 17" I guess it varies what people prefer, alot of the designer have external screens aswell and then they can stick to a 15" instead but Im guessing its hard for anyone else but you to really say how you feel regarding the two, Id say spend some time on each at a store to get a feel for size and what not. Im personally going to stick to a 15" because I feel it will suffice and I can save some money, since a 17" costs a fair amount more, but Im not really working with that kind software much.

6. jonathanbruce thread starter macrumors member

jonathanbruce

I like what you are saying .. my existing mbp 13" is fast (sataII) it takes 8secs from switch on to desktop screen.. but now i'm considering the jump to a 15" providing the price is right, otherwise will wait for Amazon again..
    ssd prices seem to be static, if not maybe 2% lower compared to six months ago. I get mine from either ebuyer.com or overclockers.co.uk