New 2013 13" rMBP Clicking on Plastic Hinge Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LostAggie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. LostAggie macrumors 6502

This may seem nit picky but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I would not say it is an issue but my 2011 cMBP does not do this.

It only makes the "clicking" sound when you slightly press on the black plastic strip that covers the hinge of the screen. My cMBP is rock solid so I was wondering...

Any comments would be appreciated...

2. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

Exchange it while you can.

Edit: just read it's on the hinge? Never heard of it... but don't doubt it. If you have to consciously press it under non-normal situations to reproduce the sound, then you could keep it... but return it if you have any hesitance... $1500 should = peace of mind in terms of quality for the item you paid for, imo.

3. LostAggie thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah everything thing else seems great. it is plastic and there are tolerances so maybe it is just me. i got apple care so if it were to break down the road, i could just get it replaced.

opening and closing it is silky smooth. just when i press a certain way. i discovered it on accident holding it on that end.

reading up on past models it seems this piece can have some give.

anyone else have this?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

try not to press on it, a little clicking is normal.

5. LostAggie thread starter macrumors 6502

this...

i think it is just me being a little ocd.

if it breaks or gets really bad i can use my warranty/apple care to fix.

got a unit with great screen and no other issues i can tell so i could end up with something really bad over something silly.

6. LostAggie thread starter macrumors 6502

I had to stop by the Apple store for another reason and the displays do the same thing. Some are "tighter" but they all "click" if you press.

My OCD is now relaxed... :p