New 2016 13" MBP w/TB is sluggish

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imacspert, Nov 21, 2016.

1. imacspert macrumors newbie

Just fired up my brand new 13" MBP with TouchBar yesterday and really haven't been impressed with the performance. It doesn't feel very snappy and wouldn't even shut down properly yesterday. UI graphic performance seems a bit laggy too.

This is the first Mac I've bought for home use since 2007. By comparison, I use a 2014 MacBook Air at the office.

My spec for the MBP is: 13" 2.9 GhZ, 8 GB Ram, 512TB.

Should I do a reset or is this sluggish performance common with a new machine (some sort of Spotlight indexing causing it?).

Thanks in advance.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Depending on how much you installed one your new Mac, Spotlight indexing can take a little while. I got my 13" touch bar yesterday afternoon, and haven't noticed any slow behavior, although I had 3 Safari crashes.

I would continue to monitor your Mac. If it is still acting the same way tomorrow, then you might trying doing a fresh Spotlight indexing any clicking on the hard drive and moving it to spotlight. That will index it again.

3. Macalway macrumors 68000

s
    Yes. Lasts about an 1/2 hour? You can see it with the monitoring app in utilities. 'MD worker' process is one of them.