Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arne MBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Norway
Hey Guy`s

I´ve just recently received my new iMac,but trouble hit me right out of the box....

Allready at first start up the Magic mouse and keyboard was not found and I had to use an usb keyboard/mouse to get started...

It works as it supposed to with the usb combo but bluetooth is not responding at all,trying to connect via bluetooth assistant it does´t find anything not even my iPhone ,the spinning wheel just keep spinning......

Updated to Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 still no action...

Any suggestions ?

PS : The wireless keyboard and magic mouse works fine on my MBP....

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Hey Guy`s

I´ve just recently received my new iMac,but trouble hit me right out of the box....

Allready at first start up the Magic mouse and keyboard was not found and I had to use an usb keyboard/mouse to get started...

It works as it supposed to with the usb combo but bluetooth is not responding at all,trying to connect via bluetooth assistant it does´t find anything not even my iPhone ,the spinning wheel just keep spinning......

Updated to Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 still no action...

Any suggestions ?

PS : The wireless keyboard and magic mouse works fine on my MBP....

I would reinstall OS X. If that fails to fix it, then call Applecare because something might be wrong with your bluetooth controller. They will most likely have you take it to an Apple Store. There you can show them the problem and they should immediately be happy to fix or replace the machine.

EDIT: If you can, try installing windows via boot camp (as well as the boot camp drivers). If you can pair your stuff under Windows, then your bluetooth controller is fine and it's probably some driver issue in OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.