*** New 24'' iMac - THE SCREEN HAS DIED ***

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iSlave, Aug 11, 2007.

1. iSlave macrumors 6502

Hi all
    Further to my previous post about 'yellowing' in the corner of my 24'' iMac's screen - the LCD has now completely screwed itself in the last few minutes.

Take a look at the pics and let this be a warning to everyone thinking of buying a Rev A!!!

Attached Files:

2. hologram macrumors 6502

I bought a new Gateway for gaming a couple of years ago with a separate LCD display, and when I set it up it looked just like yours. They sent me a new one and it's been perfect ever since.

Sorry you're having a problem, but these things happen.:eek: You'll get a new one and it will probably last forever. Don't blame it on being a Rev. A unless you start seeing hundreds of others with the same thing.

3. iSlave thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, it's no problem, I'll just call Apple on Monday and get it replaced. I might get them to replace it with a 20'' actually....the 24'' is so hot it fries your face off.:cool:

4. abcdefGARY macrumors regular

5. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Apple will just give you a new one. That one will probably last you a lifetime.:) If not...then im wrong and theyll send you another. But ive heard stories where people have gotten 3 new imacs and theyve all...im not helping am i?:eek::apple:

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

Rev A, Rev B, Rev C, Rev D ... what have you ... Apple still hasn't figured out how to guarantee that every product that it manufactures won't have a part that might fail 10 minutes out of the box. Damn humans. :rolleyes::D

But seriously, I think it's a little early to be waving the "Rev A issue" flag just because your screen is broken. Ten more users with the same problem? Then maybe...

7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

8. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Yeah that was my post and I tried to exchange the computer tonight but they were out of stock so now it is sitting at the store until they get more in. I am glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. Good luck on exchanging.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is common knowledge that Rev A Apple products aren't always up to snuff. However, for every 10 complaints you read here, there are 1000's of happy users.
    Take the machine back.

10. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

After I did a reset on my machine the problem would go away for 20min-10 hours. Does this work for you?

11. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

It's still rev 5-6 or something like that, why would it be "rev a" just because they have changed from plastic to aluminium?

You are 100% sure it's not that contrast setting someone else talked about? In case you just happen to press some key combination which turns it on?

But is probably hardware anyway, just have it fixed instead, which I know you have, there are always a few bad Apples, no mather what manufacturer.

Oh ****, I tought it was the same guy.

Both machines are 24", intresting.

12. iSlave thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Billyripkin

Good (??) to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! Yeah, if I restart, it goes away....but obviously there is something wrong so I'll get it exchanged!

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

It's common knowledge that most Rev. A products from any company aren't up to snuff. When a new design gets tested by a huge swarm of users for the first time, engineering issues will invariably make themselves know whereas they were not clearly issues when testing was confined to the development lab.

14. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

dang thats pretty serious! :)