Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrrdnx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
Indiana
I just bought one of the new 15" Macbook Pro's last week and was planning on getting the new LED Cinema Display at the same time, but the employee at Best Buy had no idea what I was talking about. Since then I've been checking their website with no mention of them, and even Amazon.com just has it listed as available for pre-order with no release date mentioned.

I live 2 hours from the nearest Apple brick-and-mortar store and would rather pick it up in person rather than have it shipped and sit outside in 20 degree weather for 6 hours before I get home.

Has anybody heard or read about if these new displays are available anywhere else? And if not, when they will be available?

nfbetancur

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
Your best bet is an Apple Store. I ordered one from Expercom.com on 11/22 and they still haven't shipped any out to customers from what I was told. I'm getting really frustrated with the wait.

gwihannom

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2008
I've been wondering that myself. I went to an Apple Store and actually saw it in person. LED Cinema Display is beyond words as far as the aesthetics go... Just beautiful.

I got the unibody MacBook Pro about a month ago with 18-month no interest financing and wanted to add the LED Cinema Display onto it. So since then, I've been to Best Buy a few times and the guys there didn't even know there was a monitor released.

Wonder how long it would take for them to have it at retail stores...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.