new 25W cpu - more battery-time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZballZ, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ZballZ macrumors regular

One thing Im looking for in the new MBP is more battery-time, dreaming of 6 hours+ - which I know wont happen this time.

But moving down to a 25W cpu, meaning less power-usage, less heat, less fan-usage, and probably the new screens, which is also less power. How much more battery-time is realistic to expect?

Or is this a "no-priority" for apple - meaning they would make the MBP smaller by reducing battery-size?

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I would say that apple is happy with their 5 hours of usage that they say the MBP can get. My guess is it stays the same

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Who has realistically gotten 5 productive hours out of their battery. The only way I can manage to get 5 hours is if the screen is off, wifi is off, bluetooth is off and I don't touch it for 5 hours. Right now I'm at 95% with 3:31 left.

EDIT: Forgot to mention no apps running either.

4. ZballZ thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe they mean 5 hours - in sleep mode! :)

I just wonder; portability seems the way they go - always making laptops smaller and lighter. This calls for better batteries as well! Other companies have notebooks at 8-9 hours now. I know it is not the norm, but still, apple should make more of an effort to make this work, and not just rely on intel to produce low-voltage cpus - my wet dreams include a 10 hour macbook pro, ooh would be sweet.