New 27" ACD or Old 30" ACD ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jchoiny, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jchoiny macrumors newbie

Just trying to decide between the two: old 30" ACD vs. new 27" ACD. One has more real estate with higher resolution. The other one has smaller but LED background with better contrast and brightness. Any thoughts? BTW, this is for the new Mac Pro that I am going to order. Thanks in advance.

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

This question is key. We can't really give you a tailored recommendation without it being answered.

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

NONE

for monitors, wait until the kinks are worked out.

Many new monitors/ first batch tend to have some kind of banding/yellow/pink issues that tend to get resolved after production has been running for a while.

When I was in search for a 24" ACD ( old school) all the first gen ones had a lot more issues with discoloration.

For purchases like these you really want to get a perfect monitor.. I know ive had monitors that had small defects that drove me mad after a few weeks of use.

5. kasakka macrumors 68000

Neither. I'd rather get a 30" from some other manufacturer. Not a fan of 16:9 for monitors.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think the 30" is matte so it's matte vs glossy, most people prefer matte. I would get 3rd party monitor though, much better value and more choices

7. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Not strictly true. Once you get to monitors those sizes they're always expensive.

8. ventro macrumors 6502a

All the problems have been solved with the 27" iMac. They are likely using the exact same processes to build the cinema displays as the imacs, the designs are nearly identical.