New 27" design

Discussion in 'iMac' started by axeman82, Dec 30, 2012.

1. axeman82 macrumors newbie

I've been wanting an imac since about February last year, but stupidly waited for the new model. As we all know it took forever and a day to arrive and now that its finally here I'm not sure I like it. Put it this way, when they announced it at the keynote I wasn't struck on the design. A few weeks later it started to grow on me and I started to want it again. I went into a local reseller a few weeks back to see it in real life and thought the curve of the back looked nice, bearing in mind they only had the 21.5" model on display. I presumed it would be exactly the same just larger, but today I finally saw a 27" in the flesh at the apple store and felt let down. The curvature at the back seems way more dramatic to my eyes than the 21.5". It looked like an old CRT display, only with the edge looking disproportionately thin compared to the depth.

I think a thicker more uniform edge looks better personally, ala the old model. Rather than taking the edge down to 5mm maybe 10 or 15 mm should have been used to even out the curve slightly.

Apple really do make you smile with their advertising approach tho. I mean their official photos make it look like a tablet on a stick.