New 27" IMAC

Discussion in 'iMac' started by popaine, Jul 27, 2010.

1. popaine macrumors newbie

Hi, five weeks ago I ordered a 27" Imac I7 from icentre Malta (Apple Authorised Service Provider). As the imac has an i7 processor it was not in stock and i had to order it. The sales rep told me that I have to wait six weeks, so now it should arrive next week.

Today Apple announced the new imac and so my question is : According to Apple Terms can I replace the 09 imac with the new one?.

Thanks.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Yes you can! I think you have to pay a restocking fee in the US not sure about in Malta and how it will work might be up to your reseller!

3. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Not sure this person has to pay the restocking fee since the machine hasn't been delivered yet. Does the 14-day begin when you order or when you receive? I thought it was the latter.

4. leman macrumors 604

I don't know the laws and practices of Malta, but usually a store order (reservation) ≠ purchase. When you order an item, you don't necessarily have the obligation to purchase it, especially if the delivery time is so long. Of course, this is provided you didn't sign any paperwork which would state the opposite.

5. rssfed23 macrumors member

I just had an email from apple (untitled.png) after calling them about this.

I am in a similar situation to yourself whereby my order was waiting to be dispatched.

The sales rep said everyone is getting a free upgrade here in the UK

And low and behold, I check the order status and it has changed (see untitled1.png) and they also pushed forward the delivery date!

Really loving apple right now =]

Attached Files:

6. popaine thread starter macrumors newbie

I paid only €180 as a deposit but i didn't sign any papers. I am going to check with icentre sales rep to clarify the matter.

7. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Wow! That is very nice of them.

And you see folks, that is why you buy Apple over the other brands. I need to add this as my number 5 reason. Or maybe it just falls into my number 2 reason of awesome Apple support.

8. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I bet that just made your day!

9. rssfed23 macrumors member

You have no idea :D!