New 27 inch iMac, Er Dell all in one

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rogifan, May 29, 2012.

1. Rogifan, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  2. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

Jesus christ.....

-_- I honestly don't even know why I'm surprised.

3. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, pretty much...except in the black trim that they added to make it look slightly different, they made it look worse. The back doesn't look that bad, but only because it looks like the iMac.

4. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Apple hasn't seen fit to substantially alter the design in about 6 years; why should we be surprised that Dell put out a copy?

Check out the graphic card options on that though. Intel HD 4000 integrated, or Nvida 640M. No thanks. Can run D3 native at about 10 fps. :p

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

10fps is too generous, I'd say. You really need a dedicated GPU for Diablo 3. I know that people say that Blizzard games run really well on all hardware, but boy is Diablo 3 a resource hog when you have a lot of baddies on screen!

6. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

While I give it a 1/10 for originality, I'm surprised Dell made something this pretty. I mean, they've made copy attempts in the past, but this is the first I've seen that actually looks good! If I had any interest in a moderately powered Windows All-In-One, I'd give this a serious look.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of design stealing, however I do have to swallow my Apple Fanboy-ism and say that I'm impressed this came out of a Dell factory.

7. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Why don't they just buy iMacs, pre-install Windows via Boot Camp, scratch off the Apple and sell them as Dells? What a rip off.

8. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

They basically did lol, however added a few useful connectors in the process. Is that a TV tuner I see?

9. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

The I/O is in the worst spot. Whoever made that decision should be fired.

10. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

It's a ugly iMac-like pc and it will die when the new iMac will come out (hopefully soon !!!)

11. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

How do they manage to knock off a beautiful Apple design, yet make it fugly?

12. BeeJee macrumors 6502

The front looks like the TBD/ACD and the back looks like the iMac, it's kind of like a hybrid ripoff!

13. Stolz25 macrumors member

Are you actually complaining about them copying the back of the imac? Dell has never claimed to be innovative in the first place, but the part that matters looks nothing like it.

14. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

As much of a rip off as it is, I like it. It looks great, seems well put together ( looking ), runs windows.

For a basic user looking for a good looking All in one, I'd recommend one if they want Windows. They just need to step up that video card.

P.S.: WHY DOESNT APPLE MAKE AN IMAC THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT?! THAT THING LOOKS SWEET

15. Set845 macrumors regular

16. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I see a not so bad looking All-In-One.

Okay....and?

17. IPlayFair macrumors member

18. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Imac is way better. Theres too many ports on this PC and the pedestal footprint is too large

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its really not that bad, but it doesn't look as elegant as the iMacs either. Also note the ports on the back of that thing, some appear as if they might be slightly blocked by the arm and are paltry in comparison to the ones on the iMacs.

20. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

They could have at least moved the CD/DVD slot to the left side...

21. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

I think it looks great. And it has USB3!!!! And HDMI *in*. (Still can't believe Apple pulled display port in from the iMac) And it's cheap.

Only the GFX let it down somewhat, but for a general purpose family PC? Pretty nice imho. Buy one of these and a PS3 - sorted.

22. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

23. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

Apple Fanbois

What is it with Apple Fanbois, forget the bloody design, think about quality - please explain to me why 4 of the 5 21.5 & 27in iMac's I've owned since the October 2009 upgrade have had to have LCD monitors replaced?

I may like Apple design and the OS, notice I'm not mentioning iOS ML - Apple need to sort out their quality issues and offer 5 year warranties - Dell are not perfect but warranty is far better than Apple - not sure about service though.

Lets stop the fanboys nonsense, it really is silly, particularly if like me you have used their hardware since the early 90's - its all bloody iOS devices now and serious users are treated as second class citizens - see Mac Pro for evidence of this!!!!

24. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Looking the new Dell all-in-one, I wonder if it has the correct internal components to be "transmogrified" into a hackintosh?

i5/i7 CPU with integrated graphics should work...

What else?